The Academic Services Administrator is a high-energy professional who will bring teaching and educational project management experience to this position. This position is responsible for supporting the academic enrichment and programming needs for 275+ high school students. The successful candidate for this position will have experience in and a passion for working with underrepresented high school students.
Major responsibilities include:
- Administrative support for the day-to-day operations of academic programming.
- Recruitment, training and supervision of summer interns.
- Management and analysis of data, records and information that support the success of students in academic programming and the data needs of the organization.
- Management and oversight of afterschool and summer tutoring program for students in grades 9-12.
- Support the Director of Academics in the planning, implementation, management and oversight of our suite of year-round academic programs.
- Participation in the hiring, training and weekly support of instructors.
- Participation in the development and implementation of intervention strategies to support student retention.
- Supervising logistics for successful program implementation, such as renting classroom space, preparing materials, monitoring attendance, overseeing closing presentations, etc.
- Participate in other programming and initiatives that advance the college readiness of students as they match the Academic Services Administrator’s skills and the needs of the organization.
The successful candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented, collaborative environment. Teaching and/or academic program management experience is preferred. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required; proficiency in cloud-based curriculum and document management programs (Dropbox, Google Classroom, Blackboard, etc.) a plus, as is proficiency in electronic gradebook programs such as Easy Grade Pro. A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
The Academic Services Administrator reports to the Director of Academics. This is a full-time, exempt position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.