The SAT Prep Specialist serves as subject matter expert in SAT test preparation and other standardized tests. The SAT Prep Specialist is an experienced test-prep professional with teaching and/or tutoring experience. This is an on-going, part-time position of no more than 20hrs/week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching small (10-15 students) SAT preparation courses to high school juniors and seniors.
- Conducting 1-on-1 and small group tutoring in the summer.
- Administering frequent benchmark exams.
- Maintaining accurate and organized data on benchmark scores and official College Board scores.
- Meeting individually with students to discuss their scores, and helping them to understand their strengths and areas for improvement.
- Assisting the Director of Academics in the management of a summer SAT tutoring program.
- Reporting frequently on student attendance and progress.
- Remaining current on all College Board standards and expectations and sharing information with staff and the Pre-College program.
- Preparing curricula and documents related to test-preparation for use by Philadelphia Futures’ staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters+ preferred.
- Three-five years relevant teaching experience (preferably teaching high school level).
- Prior experience in SAT preparation.
- Demonstrated commitment to the education of Philadelphia public high school students and a clear understanding of related challenges.
- A teaching style that is structured, positive, and engaging.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; proficiency in Excel; FBI and Child Abuse Clearances if hired.