We are currently seeking an Event Planner to join our team.
The Event Planner will provide project and logistical management for a wide range of in-house and external events including conferences, fundraisers, stewardship and cultivation dinners, and graduation for Philadelphia Futures constituents including students, families, volunteers, partners, donors, board of directors, employees and/or alumni.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide event planning, design and implementation while proactively managing all project delivery elements within time and cost constraints.
- Work with internal constituents and external vendors to identify needs, propose ideas and provide periodic updates ensure satisfaction.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to making commitments.
- Contract and manage vendors during all stages of planning process for all events.
- Develop and document project plans to organize event components including tasks, deliverables, resources, costs, deadlines and accountabilities.
- Work with Director of Communications to create event communications timelines and promotional and event materials, including invitations, social media posts, videos, etc.
- In collaboration with Volunteer Manager, recruit, train, manage and cultivate volunteers to support events as needed.
- Lead project team meetings and document progress and issues.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day.
- Conduct pre-and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience in event planning or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently keeping close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of External Relations.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.