A Message to the Philadelphia Futures Community Regarding COVID-19 Community Health Protocols
We look forward to welcoming students, staff and supporters to our new offices in September! In preparation for that re-opening, I wanted to share an update about community health protocols at Philadelphia Futures.
Centering all of our policies and procedures in the care of each other and our community, we are asking all of our staff, students, and supporters to review and sign our Community Health Agreement. The purpose of these protocols is to keep each other safe and healthy, while preserving the in-person opportunities of our work together.
We recognize that things may change, and we commit to adjusting as the situation warrants. We promise to transparently communicate when and if things change, as quickly as possible.
The Community Health Agreement states the following:
- I agree to self monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms
- I agree to stay home if I have COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are mild, and seek guidance from my health care provider about whether I should be tested and when I can return to Philadelphia Futures.
- I will report to Philadelphia Futures (see protocol below) any COVID-19 exposures, including living with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or having close contact with a person that has been diagnosed with COVID-19. I will also follow the Philadelphia Health Department guidelines for when I can return to Philadelphia Futures.
- I will report to Philadelphia Futures (see protocol below) if I am diagnosed with COVID-19. I will also:
- Work with the Philadelphia Health Department to determine who else might need to be notified that they have been exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Remain at home until the Philadelphia Health Department determines that it is safe for me to return to my usual activities.
- Follow the exclusions and/or restrictions that may be required of me by the Philadelphia Health Department.
I agree to follow best practices adopted by Philadelphia Futures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses by:
- Wearing a mask.
- Frequently washing my hands and/or using hand sanitizer.
- Maintaining social distancing where possible.
If I am under 18, I agree to share this agreement with the members of my household and my household members acknowledge this agreement.
Prior to participating in Philadelphia Futures programming (classes, tutoring, clubs, etc):
- All students and supporters will be asked to sign our Community Health Agreement, which details our COVID-19 protocols. You can sign the Community Health Agreement here.
- Students and supporters will scan a QR code upon arriving at our offices to assist Philadelphia Futures with contact tracing. QR codes will be posted on the doors to our offices and classrooms.
We care deeply about each and every one of you, and hope that together, we can stay safe and healthy.
Reporting Protocol: COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure must be reported as soon as possible to email@example.com Philadelphia Futures will notify, via email, students, staff, and where applicable, supporters, about any diagnosis or exposure.