Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college.
Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.
We are currently seeking a College Access Coordinator to join our Sponsor-A-Scholar team. This role is a unique opportunity for a proactive, detailed-oriented individual to provide comprehensive, individualized college access advising to Sponsor-A-Scholar students to ensure they receive the support, resources, and opportunities they need to be admitted to and successful in college.
- Provide college application, scholarship, and financial aid guidance to a caseload of high school juniors and seniors at diverse Philadelphia public schools.
- Maintain weekly individual contact with students to assure program responsibilities are met.
- Maintain records of participants’ progress, using data management software, report retention, statistics, and evaluative data to program and staff.
- Meet periodically with students, family, mentors, and high school counselors to help the student’s college team stay focused on program goals of excelling in high school and succeeding in college.
- Document student compliance with program responsibilities and develop program intervention and program engagement support plans.
- Maintain monthly contact with families and mentors to discuss progress towards goals; document family and mentor engagement.
- Make recommendations to match scholars with volunteer mentors.
- Support SAS program planning and implement activities to reach program goals.
- Support and occasionally teach classes within a comprehensive college guidance curriculum.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, counseling, or related field of study.
- Master’s degree or equivalent years of experience in youth development is preferred.
- Experience supporting first-generation-to-college, low-income students throughout the college application process is strongly preferred.
- Experience with delivering in-person and/or virtual college access or other educational programs, and/or teaching.
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Chat, Gmail, Calendar, Meet), and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students.
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability & Collaboration).
- Active engagement with Philadelphia Futures’ Anti-Racist Transformation
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. Salary range is $48K-$50K. The Sponsor-a-Scholar College Access Coordinator reports to the Director of the Sponsor-a-Scholar program. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply: https://forms.gle/o5vBLeQxKp91tm6D7
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.