Application must be received by March 1, 2018.
Grants from The Ellis Trust are awarded to girls entering grades nine through twelve who meet the following criteria:
- Live in Philadelphia
- Live in a household where one or both parents are absent, or mentally or physically disabled
- Meet the family income eligibility requirements for reduced-priced lunch under the National School Lunch Program
- Have grades of “C” or better in major school subject
- Are making academic progress toward timely graduation
- Can prove their dependency status (name appears on their family’s tax return or DPA document).
- Are in a family that does not own property other than their primary home
Please note: Single parent households are defined as households with one adult, over the age of 18, living in the household. This does not include adult children or grandparents claimed as dependents on tax returns.
Families of girls need to meet the income eligibility requirements for reduced-priced lunch under the National School Lunch Program. Gross family income (income before taxes) must not exceed the amounts listed below. Gross family income includes wages, salaries, Department of Public Assistance (DPA) payments, disability payments, worker’s compensation payments, Social Security payments, child support payments, etc. earned or received by the student and other family members living in the household during 2017, as well as any contributions from family members not living with the student.
|Family Size||Maximum Income|
- Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
- The deadline for all required application materials is MARCH 1, 2018.
- Mailed documents must be received by MARCH 1, 2018.
- Application decision notifications will be released by MAY 15, 2018.