Instructors are needed for an intensive summer academic enrichment program for recent high school graduates transitioning to college. The goals of the program are to keep students academically engaged through college-level coursework and to develop skills and strategies for college success. Math, reading and writing courses are offered.
Courses are held 5 days a week for 3-6 hours from approximately July 9th-July 27th, on the campus of Drexel University.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director, Career Programs to join our College Success team. This role is a unique opportunity for a proactive, experienced multi-tasker to develop, expand and lead career-related programming for all Philadelphia Futures programs. Our classroom-to-college-to-career programs help low-income, first-generation-to-college students gain admission to and graduate, career-ready, from college.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Support Philadelphia Futures staff as they work with students to identify and launch into sustainable and fulfilling careers
- Develop and implement strategy around career programming for students served by PF, including:
- Assess and build on existing career programming.
- Develop and deliver career-related workshops.
- Expand and develop relationships with potential internship/externship hosts.
- Steward and expand network of intern and extern opportunities, including PF alumni.
- Maintain relationships and communication with volunteers for career programming, in conjunction with Volunteer Manager.
- Build relationships with on-campus career liaisons.
- Data management and tracking of students at key points post-college graduation.
- Provide students information about, and access to, post-graduate positions, building on what is already available on campus.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills, and attributes:
- Master’s degree preferred, with a concentration in business, human resources, counseling, education, social work, or related field of study.
- Experience working in career services on a campus or hiring interns and employees in a corporate setting.
- Experience working with college or high school students. Experience and/or knowledge of issues facing low-income, first-generation-to-college students is preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends in career development, particularly in how higher education is addressing market needs; knowledge of what employers seek in new employees.
- Knowledge of the range of industries and opportunities available to new college graduates.
- Experience in program management, demonstrated ability to assess and develop programs.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across programs or departments, leveraging knowledge, expertise and interest of various staff and volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Occasional state-wide travel required, driver’s license preferred
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus and Adaptability, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Passion for working with low-income, first-generation to college students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. The Associate Director, Career Programs reports to the Director of College Success. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To Apply: To apply, please submit your application materials here: https://goo.gl/forms/AloLgRNhGakK7VxX2
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.