Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college.
Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.
We are currently seeking an Academic Services Administrator to join our team. This position assists with the development, implementation and assessment of a range of year-round academic programs that advance the college readiness of Philadelphia Futures high school students.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the Director of Academics in the planning, implementation, management and oversight of our suite of year-round academic programs.
- Participate in the hiring, training and weekly support of instructors.
- Coordinate with College Access Program Administrator to manage and oversee after-school and summer tutoring program for students in grades 9-12.
- Handle administrative tasks to support the PF clubs program to develop all students’ academic skills. This includes all recruitment of and communication with outside facilitators, overall logistical support and teaching lessons as needed.
- Assist in the management and analysis of data, records and information that support the success of students in academic programming.
- Help to recruit, train and provide work to interns.
- Manage logistics for successful program implementation, such as renting classroom space, preparing materials, monitoring attendance, and overseeing closing presentations.
- Provide administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Academics department.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field of study is required
- Teaching and/or academic program management experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Expertise in project management.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Proficient in cloud–based curriculum and document management programs (Dropbox, Google Classroom, Thinkwave, ETO).
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. Salary range low to mid 40s. The Academic Services Administrator will report to the Director of Academics. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.