Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce or eliminate the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director of College Admissions to join our team. This position serves as the leader of Philadelphia Futures’ college admissions process for high school seniors in the Sponsor-A-Scholar and College Connection programs.
- Lead admissions process and programming for the senior class including planning, executing, and tracking of all activities related to the college admissions application and the financial aid application (FAFSA, CSS/Financial Aid Profile) processes.
- Steward the College Partner admissions and financial aid relationships, and seek opportunities to recommend new College Partner relationships.
- Develop and implement college admission strategies and activities including campus visits, special on-site information sessions, admission interviews and the admission recommendation process, and collaborate with PF staff members responsible for handling the logistics for these activities.
- Train and prepare College Access staff for critical college guidance meetings with key stakeholders (students, Coordinators, college admissions consultants, parents/guardians, and mentors) for College Consultations and Financial Fit Meetings.
- Seek and connect students to college admissions opportunities, including fly-ins, overnights, and drive-in/partner workshop admissions opportunities.
- Prepare workshop content and work closely with College Access staff to plan and implement a nine-day summer intensive program (College Admissions Marathon) for rising seniors to initiate the college admissions application process.
- Research and connect PF staff to professional development information, resources, and opportunities about college admissions, including NACAC, PACAC resources, and counselor programs on college campuses.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in higher education, social work, college counseling, or related field of study is required.
- Experience in college admissions at a college or a university is strongly preferred.
- Experience in program leadership, cultivating professional relationships, college application guidance, and in developing educational programs, teaching and/or training.
- Experience with the delivery of services to low income, first-generation-to-college students.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Passion for working with first generation-to-college, low-income students.
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of College Access. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/mXohE6SSuPYRAUW57
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.