Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life. We are currently seeking a Director of Finance & Administration to join our team.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
1) Financial Management — 50%
- Ensure timely, clear, and accurate preparation of budgets and financial reports. Analyze, prepare, and present financial and budget reports including monthly financial statements, quarterly budget reports, cash flow forecasting & analysis and annual financial reports for the Board and the Executive Director, as well as grant proposals and reports
- Assist the Executive Director with the creation, analysis, and reporting on indicators on the financial health of the organization, including the annual budgeting process
- Assist the Executive Director in communicating and presenting financial matters to the Board and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the management of organizational investments in conjunction with Investment Manager; update the Board and Executive Director about investment status and performance
- Develop and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures
- Ensure approval and correct allocation of organizational expenses
- Manage payroll, accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivables, and cash receipts
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, working with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors
- Ensure the completion of tax reporting requirements
2) Oversee Human Resources, IT and Administration — 40%
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, analyze, create, and execute Philadelphia Futures’ policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters
- Monitor and evaluate benefit offerings, manage staff enrollment and administration; document requests for PTO
- Ensure key administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of technology, including Salesforce, G-Suite and QuickBooks
- Recommend, plan, and direct new information technology strategies, systems, and policies to advance organization objectives
- Secure and maintain functional physical space that meets organizational needs
- Manage relevant vendor and consultant relationships and accounts
3) Supervisory and Management responsibilities — 10%
- Serve as a member of the Philadelphia Futures management team
- Ensure that students, staff, volunteers and others are provided professional, courteous, and timely operational support and service
- Responsible for planning and implementing organization-wide programs, events, trainings, and outreach efforts as needed.
- Supervise part-time bookkeeper/accountant, Events Manager, Operations Assistant and administrative interns
- All other duties as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of financial and operations management experience.
- A college degree; MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- At least 3 years of experience with final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and/or audit coordination
- Experience with management and supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with – colleagues with and without a background in finance
- Technology savvy with at least 3 years of experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of and facility with accounting and reporting software including QuickBooks; Salesforce and G-Suite
- Experience with benefits administration
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ core mission, values, and programs
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. Salary range is between $85,000 and $100,000. This position reports to the Executive Director, Philadelphia Futures. This position reports to the Executive Director, Philadelphia Futures.
To Apply, please complete this application: https://forms.gle/QxeTRGUZAyTPH7ap7
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.