We are currently seeking a College Access Coordinator to join our SAS team. This role is a unique opportunity for a proactive, detailed-oriented individual to serve in a critical role in supporting low-income, first-generation-to-college students through high school and into college, with the goal that they graduate college career-ready and with manageable debt.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing comprehensive support for students as they navigate the entirety of the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes
- Actively and regularly developing a research-based knowledge base of best practices with regard to college guidance for low income, first-gen students
- Maintaining weekly contact with students to assure and support student participation in required coursework and optional extracurricular activities; monitoring and providing resources for improved academic performance in students’ high schools; and providing individualized support/interventions as needed
- Meeting periodically with students, parents/guardians, mentors, and high school staff (as applicable) to support progress, and develop and implement individualized plans for college admission
- Maintaining records of student progress, activities, and other vital information
- Supporting adolescents in their social-emotional development
- Assisting with planning and implementation of program activities, including facilitating outreach presentations about college guidance, access, and success
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills, and attributes:
- Experience in and a passion for working with high school students, especially those that may be experiencing obstacles due to social, emotional, academic, or other circumstances
- Solid understanding of the unique college guidance, admissions, and financial aid needs of low-income, first-generation-to-college students
- Substantial experience in one or more of the following areas: school counselling, college guidance and/or admissions, educational programs development, social work, and teaching and/or training
- Experience in managing a caseload of students, which includes thoughtful and careful outreach to schools, families, and other constituents
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented, collaborative decision-making environment
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree or comparable professional experience is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Knowledge of languages other than English (spoken and/or written) is not required but is highly valued
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience in ETO and Google Classroom is highly desirable
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This College Access Coordinator will report to the Director of Sponsor-A-Scholar. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To Apply: Please visit https://goo.gl/forms/BOtCAuUG0dP963LC2
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.