We are currently seeking a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to join our Development team. This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced, proactive fundraising professional to support the mission of Philadelphia Futures by developing and executing strategies that result in new and continuing funding from corporations and foundations.
Significant responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified corporate and foundation prospects, working in collaboration with other staff to shape and implement strategies
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s relationships with its existing institutional donors, including maintaining the grants calendar, preparing proposals, coordinating site visits, acknowledging gifts, completing all funder-requested reporting and additional stewardship as necessary
- Craft creative, thoughtful grant proposals and reports that adapt to each funders’ requirements and that include the most up-to-date picture of Futures’ work from program staff
- Ensure compliance with all grant timelines and deliverables
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals, provide statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested
- Identify opportunities for innovation, cultivate strategic partnerships, and new sources of funding.
- Monitor trends in educational landscape and nonprofit fundraising and adapt development strategies as necessary
- Proactively document and manage stakeholder contacts and grant activities in the organization’s constituent tracking system
- Collaborate with the Director of Donor and Alumni Relations to steward and solicit individual donors, plan and execute fundraising events, and oversee annual appeals to meet annual fundraising goals
- Work with program and communications staff to ensure consistent, strategic messaging while maximizing public awareness of the fundraising activities
- Serve as a spokesperson on behalf of Philadelphia Futures
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in professional fundraising
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; superior writing skills a must
- Knowledgeable and experienced in corporate and foundation fundraising techniques
- Experience in grant management including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
- Experienced in program evaluation and measurement
- Proven professional experience in constituent management systems
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Executive Director, Philadelphia Futures.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.