We are currently seeking an SAT instructor for the Reading, Writing, and Language Sections. The SAT Instructor prepares students for the SAT exam by providing instruction in a variety of flexible formats including weekly after-school classes and possibly small group sessions or one-to-one tutoring.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching small (approximately 15 students per section) SAT preparation classes to high school junior and seniors
- Reporting on student attendance, assignment completion, and progress
- Remaining current on College Board test format, standards and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
- Prior experience in teaching and/or tutoring SAT preparation required.
- Minimum three-five years relevant teaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the education of Philadelphia public high school students and a clear understanding of related challenges.
- A teaching style that is structured, positive, and engaging; strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
This position reports to the Director of Academics.
Hours: This is a temporary, part-time hourly position of approximately 18 hours per week from March 11 – May 3, Tuesday through Friday. Opportunities for continuing employment during the balance of the year may be discussed.
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.