Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that supports Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social, and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking to hire a Manager for the Ellis Trust for Girls at Philadelphia Futures, providing financial resources for high school girls living in low-income, single-parent homes to help prepare them for postsecondary success. Specifically, grants are provided to fund high school tuition, college prep programming, enrichment activities, and other meaningful activities. Over the past five years we have processed more than $8.6 million in Ellis grants. Philadelphia Futures has been selected by the Trustee, PNC Bank, to be the Administrator of the Ellis Trust. More information about the Ellis Trust can be found at our website: www.ellistrust.org.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the grant payment processing function in accordance with organization’s financial controls for grant distribution. Document student grant activity and track funding eligibility.
- Develop and execute campaigns using email and social media to stimulate applications and grant requests.
- Represent the Ellis Trust at school and community forums to raise awareness and increase student applications.
- Support student online application process including initial review, eligibility determination, follow up on incompletes, monitor updates, and document the approval decisions. Run ad hoc reports on application volume and status. Create and maintain process flow documentation.
- Develop and manage relationships and communications with Program Providers regarding invoice management, payment processing and program enrollment. Support the Ellis Trust Program Provider Compliance Program by communicating program requirements, monitoring funding eligibility and managing the student and program provider feedback processes.
- Respond to emails and answer phone calls from parents/guardians, students, program providers, Community Based Organizations and school personnel regarding Ellis grant programs, eligibility criteria and application processing. Research programs suitable for Ellis funding and make recommendations to students in accordance with student interests.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a customer facing administrative role is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations required.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to plan and organize, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledgeable and experienced with social media platforms and email marketing tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as, analytical skills.
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability & Collaboration).
- Passion for working with high school students of limited means.
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. This position reports to the Director of Ellis Trust. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/28sYtY3sWx8Nh2eQ9
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website:
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.