Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.
We are currently seeking an Outreach and Engagement Assistant. This position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Outreach and Engagement department, including the student recruitment process, our community engagement efforts, our volunteer management, and our communications work including the development and distribution of our Step Up to College Guide resources.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide effective scheduling and calendar support for Outreach and Engagement activities
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive administrative support for Outreach programming including material preparation, setup assistance, and recording minutes if necessary
- Manage communication with students and families including timely response to application inquiries, advertisement for events, and notification about relevant college access opportunities
- Support the online application process including initial review, eligibility determination, follow-up on incompletes, and documentation of admissions decisions. Run reports on application volume and status. Create and maintain process flow documentation
- Facilitate transition of admitted students into Office of College Access programming including inputting accepted student information into Philadelphia Futures data management system
- Build and maintain contacts with School District officials and community stakeholders
- Serve as the post-production project manager for the Step Up to College Guide
- Lead the distribution process for the Guide to schools, community organizations, partners, and key stakeholders
- Maintain accurate, updated records of Outreach and Engagement contacts in our client relation management system
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills, and attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Customer service orientation and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders
• Proficiency in database management and communications using Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Chat, Gmail, Calendar, Meet), and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with Salesforce, Donor Perfect, Submittable, and Canva preferred.
• Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus and Adaptability, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration)
• Active engagement with Philadelphia Futures’ Anti-Racist Commitments
• Passion for working with low-income, first-generation-to-college students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. The salary range for this position is mid to high 30s. The Outreach and Engagement Assistant reports to the Director of Outreach and Engagement. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To Apply, please complete this application.
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and to becoming an anti-racist organization. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.