PHILADELPHIA FUTURES is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce or eliminate the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking a VIRTUAL SAT PREP INSTRUCTOR to teach a 5-week refresher course beginning July 27th. Philadelphia Futures’ direct service programs provide a range of services and resources including academic enrichment, college guidance, and financial incentives to Philadelphia high school students.
The SAT Instructor prepares students for the SAT exam by providing instruction, assigning, and monitoring homework and conducting assessments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a refresher SAT preparation curriculum to facilitate via a virtual classroom to high school junior (3 sections, approximately 30 students per section);
- Reporting on student attendance, assignment completion, and progress; and
- Utilizing Google Classroom, Zoom (or Google Meet), Nearpod and other tools to facilitate remote instruction.
This instructor would be teaching three sections of students, but we can be flexible around the schedule and finalize this upon hire. You will have the option of teaching a section on Saturday, if that is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in teaching and/or tutoring SAT preparation required
- Experience or demonstrated commitment to effectively facilitating a fully online course.
- Demonstrated commitment to the education of Philadelphia public high school students and a clear understanding of related challenges
- A teaching style that is structured, positive, and engaging
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Khan Academy and College Board is a plus for tracking student assignments and test data.
Supervision: This position reports to the Director of Academics.
Hours: This is a time-limited contractor position of approximately 9 hours per week from July 27th – August 28.
Compensation: Compensation for this position is $1,700.
To apply, please click here.