Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college and career success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce or eliminate the institutional, academic, social, and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking an SAT Prep Instructor for the Reading, Writing, and Language Sections. Philadelphia Futures’ direct service programs provide a range of services and resources including academic enrichment, college guidance, and financial incentives to Philadelphia high school students.
The SAT Instructor prepares students for the SAT exam by providing instruction, assigning and monitoring homework, and conducting assessments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching SAT preparation classes to high school junior (approximately 22 students per section);
- Reporting on student attendance, assignment completion, and progress; and
- Remaining current on College Board test format, standards, and expectations.
This instructor would be teaching four sections of students, but we can be flexible around the schedule. During the week, classes have to be from 4pm – 5:30pm, but you would also have the option of teaching 1 or more sections on Saturday, if that is better for your schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in teaching and/or tutoring SAT preparation required
- Minimum two years relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the education of Philadelphia public high school students and a clear understanding of related challenges
- A teaching style that is structured, positive, and engaging
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Khan Academy and College Board is a plus for tracking student assignments and test data.
- Supervision: This position reports to the Director of Academics.
Hours: This is a time-limited contractor position of approximately 10 hours per week from January 13 – May 7.
Compensation: Compensation for this position starts at $3,200.
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/dNXhH2vNwDhtQcFv5
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.