Philadelphia Futures Elects Four New Members and New Executive Leadership to Its Board of Directors
PHILADELPHIA (February 10, 2020) – Philadelphia Futures is pleased to announce the election of four new members and new executive leadership effective January 23, 2020.
The seven new members include Olenga Anabui, Director at Penn Medicine, Darrien Davenport, Executive Director of Multicultural Engagement and Assistant Vice President of College Life at Gettysburg College, Melvin Pitts, Supervising Senior Associate at Chubb, and Michelle Sipics, Technology R&D Senior Principal at Accenture. The four new officers are President Kevin R. Boyle, Financial Partner at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP; Vice President Raj Tewari, Chief Operating Officer at Glenmede; Treasurer Margaret Sherry Lurio, Partner at Lurio & Associates, P.C.; and Secretary Jennifer Daley, Vice President and Assistant Treasurer at Comcast Corporation.
“I am very pleased to have these transformative leaders join our board and look forward to their contributions,” said Sara Woods, Executive Director. “They bring a wealth of experience to our organization and serve as models to our scholars of the professionals we hope they will become. I look forward to implementing our new strategic plan and charting the future of Futures alongside them.”
Learn more about the new appointees:
- Olenga Anabui, MBA, MPH, began her healthcare journey in information technology at a Fortune 50 company, where she held a variety of senior leadership roles. Currently, as Director of Penn Center for Community Health Workers at Penn Medicine, she harmonizes her work with her core value of helping vulnerable groups have better access to supports that enable full participation in life. Olenga received her bachelor’s degree in economics and organizational studies from Northwestern University, an MPH from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from The Pennsylvania State University. Olenga is the founder of The Echewa Fund, which provides scholarships to create first-generation college graduates in low-income families.
- As an alumnus of Philadelphia Futures, Melvin Pitts, MST is honored to serve as a member of the Board of Directors. Melvin attended Benjamin Franklin High School, Class of 1996. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting with a Minor in Business Law from Penn State University, and a Master of Science degree in Taxation from Philadelphia University. Melvin is a Supervising Senior Associate in Chubb’s Corporate Tax Department. He is a proud member of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church and is currently a part of The Ball for Christ ministry mentoring youth ages 5 to 17. Melvin has a wonderful wife Andrea and two children, Kelly and Melvin Jr. “MJ.” He enjoys giving back to the community and being a role model to young children.
- Michelle Sipics is a senior principal at Accenture, where she leads technology thought leadership efforts in Accenture Labs. Previously, Michelle led content development for a privacy and security-focused startup, served as news director for Drexel University’s nanomaterials institute and Yale University’s School of Engineering and Applied Science, and worked as a content developer at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. She holds BS and MS degrees in computer engineering from Drexel University and a Master of Science in science writing from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
About the new officers being appointed:
- President Kevin R. Boyle is a member of Stradley Ronon’s Board of Directors and Management Committee and serves as the firm’s financial partner. He chaired the firm’s business department from 2004 to 2012, overseeing and managing more than 60 attorneys across Stradley Ronon’s offices. During that time, the department grew significantly not only in numbers, but also in practice areas, geographic reach and in the overall sophistication and complexity of the matters it handles. Mr. Boyle represents large and small companies, nonprofit and religious organizations, and individuals in business, real estate, and banking matters. He was named to SmartCEO magazine’s Legal Elite list. Mr. Boyle received a B.S., cum laude, from Saint Joseph’s University and a J.D. from Villanova University.
- Vice President Raj Tewari is the Chief Operating Officer at Glenmede, the Philadelphia-based investment and wealth manager, and oversees the custody, accounting, and performance reporting for the firm’s $40 billion under management. He assumed leadership for the Operations team in 2016 after having served as Director of Finance, where he managed business analysis and key strategic initiatives. Before joining Glenmede in 2000, Mr. Tewari was an analyst at Villanova Capital. He also worked as a senior auditor for Ernst & Young LLP in the financial institutions practice area. Mr. Tewari received a B.S. from Drexel University.
- Secretary Margaret Sherry Lurio’s practice at Lurio & Associates focuses on civil litigation, specializing in personal injury, employment law, and commercial litigation. Following graduation from law school, she served as a law clerk for the Honorable Stephen J. McEwen, Jr. of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Ms. Lurio is a member of the Bars of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of New Jersey, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, and Pennsylvania Association for Justice. She is a volunteer for Philadelphia VIP, a program that promotes equal justice for the poor by providing civil legal services not otherwise available, and has mentored with Philadelphia Futures for more than twenty years. Ms. Lurio received a B.A. in History, magna cum laude, from Boston College and a J.D. from Villanova University.
- Treasurer Jennifer Daley serves as Vice President and Assistant Treasurer for Comcast Corporation, where she is responsible for many of the company’s financing activities, including capital formation, liability management, share repurchases, financial derivate transactions, and acquisition financing. Prior to joining Corporate Treasury in December 2001, she served as Director of Corporate Accounting for Comcast Corporation, where she was responsible for accounting, risk management, and financial planning for the corporate office. Prior to joining Comcast in 1994, Ms. Daley was with Ernst & Young LLP in Philadelphia. She graduated summa cum laude with a B.S. in Accounting from Widener University and earned an M.B.A. in Finance from Temple University. Ms. Daley is also a Betsy Magness Leadership Institute graduate.
Phil Weinberg is the Executive Vice President/General Counsel at Comcast Spectacor and now serves as the President Emeritus of the Board. During his tenure and time as President, Philadelphia Futures successfully expanded its programming and worked on a new strategic plan for the next five years, which builds on the successes of the prior strategic plan, and leverages proven organizational strengths to grow its impact in the region.