Philadelphia Futures Elects Three New Members and New Executive Leadership to Its Board of Directors
Philadelphia Futures is pleased to announce the election of three new members and new executive leadership effective January 20, 2022.
The three new members include Ariel Brockman, former Philadelphia Futures staff and current Campus Recruiter at Credit Suisse, Katie Darius, former Philadelphia Futures mentor, longtime sponsor and supporter, and Executive Director of Portfolio Management at Entrada Therapeutics, and Brett Wright, Head of Client Solutions at Macquarie Group.
The organization also elected new leadership. Raj Tewari, Chief Operating Officer at Glenmede is now the Chair of the Board, and Olenga Anabui, Director at Penn Medicine, is now the Vice Chair of the Board. Stuart George, Senior Vice President, Head of Equity Trading at Macquarie Investment Management remains as the Treasurer of the Board; and Margaret Sherry Lurio, Vice President of Lurio & Associates, P.C., remains as Secretary of the Board.
“We are thrilled to welcome three exceptional leaders to our Board, reflecting the skills and experiences that we know will help us expand, deepen, and sustain our work with students,” said Sara Woods, President and CEO. “They bring a passion for our work and are deeply committed to partnering with our scholars as they embark on their path to college and career success. Together, we will continue to ensure that every student in the city has what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.”
Learn more about the new appointees:
- Ariel Brockman is the Diversity and Early Careers Recruiter at Credit Suisse where she helps drive the bank’s diversity initiatives. She graduated with a B.A. in Psychology and a master’s degree in social work from Rutgers University. Prior to Credit Suisse, Ariel worked at Philadelphia Futures in both College Access and Success. She was also a co-leader of Young Women Rising.
- Katie Darius is the Executive Director of Portfolio Management at Entrada Therapeutics, where she supports R&D planning and operations. She has over 20 years of experience across healthcare and life sciences. Katie holds a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Northwestern University and a Ph.D. in Bioengineering from the University of Pennsylvania. She and her husband have been ongoing supporters of Philadelphia Futures for many years, and has previously served as a mentor with the organization.
- Brett Wright is head of the firm’s Client Solutions Group in the Americas, which delivers Macquarie’s asset management solutions to institutional and intermediary clients across public markets and alternatives. In addition, he serves as Trustee and Chief Executive Officer for the Optimum Fund Trust, and is a member of the Macquarie Asset Management Public Investments’ Executive Committee. Previously, he was co-head of the firm’s Client Group in EMEA and the Americas, which includes the firm’s sales, service, marketing, and product teams. From July 2014 to June 2016, he was responsible for intermediary distribution including sales, both internal and external, key accounts, and DCIO across all broker/dealers. From January 2011 to June 2014, he was a divisional manager overseeing 10 regional directors who were responsible for the distribution of Delaware Funds by Macquarie®, including separately managed accounts, in the western part of the United States. He brings more than 20 years of industry experience to the firm. From August 2008 to January 2011, he was a senior vice president with ING Investment Management, where he led the Independent Key Account group. He earned a bachelor’s degree from The Pennsylvania State University, where he served as captain of the football team in 1992. In January 2020, he was appointed to the Board of Governors for the Money Management Institute. From Jan. 1, 2013 to Dec. 31, 2018, he also served on the board of directors for the Investments & Wealth Institute, a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics.
About the new officers being appointed:
- Olenga Anabui, MBA, MPH, began her healthcare journey in information technology at a Fortune 50 company, where she held a variety of senior leadership roles. Currently, as Director of Penn Center for Community Health Workers at Penn Medicine, she harmonizes her work with her core value of helping marginalized groups have better access to supports that enable full participation in life. Olenga is also an adjunct professor within the University of Pennsylvania Master of Public Health program. She received her bachelor’s degree in economics and organizational studies from Northwestern University, an MBA from Pennsylvania State University, and an MPH from University of Pennsylvania. Olenga is the founder of The Echewa Fund, which provides scholarships annually to create first-generation college graduates in low-income families.
- Raj Tewari is the Chief Operating Officer for Glenmede, a national investment and wealth management firm headquartered in Philadelphia. He is a member of the Company’s Management Committee and oversees financial management, technology, both back and middle office operations, compliance and risk management, as well as facilities. In this role, Mr. Tewari’s primary responsibilities include strategic planning, governance, capital management, and operational process and control. Raj is a proud Drexel University graduate.