A student’s success in the Philadelphia Futures Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) or College Connection program often begins with a teacher, counselor, friend or family member who recognizes their promise and potential, and acts on it! If you know a student who is eligible for a Philadelphia Futures program, please encourage them to apply.
Program eligibility is based on the student’s current grade and high school. Students eligible to apply to a Philadelphia Futures program:
- Live in and attend school in Philadelphia.
- Current 8th grade students who will be attending a Philadelphia public high school may apply to Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS).
- Current 10th grade students who currently attend a Philadelphia public, public charter, or parochial school may apply to College Connection.
- Spaces in other grades will be available as they become open.
- Be a first-generation-to-college student.
- This means that neither biological parent has a Bachelor’s degree from an American college or university.
- Have good grades; potential Philadelphia Futures scholars should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Meet family income guidelines. Family income is evaluated based on the number of individuals in the family.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Students who are not U.S. citizens will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about our admissions deadlines and apply here.