A student’s success in the Philadelphia Futures Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) or College Connection program often begins with a teacher, counselor, friend or family member who recognizes their promise and potential, and acts on it! If you know a student who is eligible for a Philadelphia Futures program, please encourage them to apply.
Program eligibility is based on the student’s current grade and high school. Students eligible to apply to a Philadelphia Futures program:
- Live in and attend school in Philadelphia.
- Current 8th grade students who will be attending a Philadelphia public high school may apply to Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS).
- Current 10th grade students who currently attend a Philadelphia public, public charter, or parochial school may apply to College Connection.
- Spaces in other grades will be available as they become open.
- Be a first-generation-to-college student.
- This means that neither biological parent has a Bachelor’s degree from an American college or university.
- Have good grades; potential Philadelphia Futures scholars should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Meet family income guidelines. Family income is evaluated based on the number of individuals in the family.
Learn more about our admissions deadlines and apply here.
Request a Recruitment Session
The Philadelphia Futures recruitment season is in full effect!
Recruitment sessions are designed to inform students about our direct service programming and provide them guidance around the application process. The Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) Program is open to 8th graders to apply while the College Connection Program is open to 10th graders.
At this time, we are planning for our presentations to happen virtually online. However, if your community is gathering in a socially distanced way in accordance with CDC guidelines, please let us know. Recruitment sessions typically last about 20 minutes, including Q&A. We are also eager to connect with family members. We can also present the session in Spanish if necessary.
The first round application for both programs opens on January 1, 2021, and closes on March 1, 2021.
To schedule a recruitment session, please fill out this form.