A student’s success in the Philadelphia Futures Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) or College Connection program often begins with a teacher, counselor, friend or family member who recognizes their promise and potential, and acts on it! If you know a student who is eligible for a Philadelphia Futures program, please encourage them to apply.
Program eligibility is based on the student’s current grade and high school. Students eligible to apply to a Philadelphia Futures program:
- Live in and attend school in Philadelphia.
- Current 8th grade students who will be attending a Philadelphia public high school may apply to Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS).
- Current 10th grade students who currently attend a Philadelphia public, public charter, or parochial school may apply to College Connection.
- Spaces in other grades will be available as they become open.
- Be a first-generation-to-college student.
- This means that neither biological parent has a Bachelor’s degree from an American college or university.
- Have good grades; potential Philadelphia Futures scholars should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Meet family income guidelines. Family income is evaluated based on the number of individuals in the family.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Students who are not U.S. citizens will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about our admissions deadlines and apply here.
Request a Recruitment Session
The Philadelphia Futures recruitment season is in full effect!
Recruitment sessions are designed to inform students about our direct service programming and provide them guidance around the application process. The Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) Program is open to 8th graders to apply while the College Connection Program is open to 10th graders.
Recruitment sessions typically last about 30-45 minutes, including Q&A and completion of the first round application. We accommodate sessions both during the school day and after school.
The first round application for both programs opens on January 1, 2020 and closes on March 1, 2020.
To schedule a recruitment session, please fill out this form.