Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
Summer Institute Math Instructor – Instructor needed for an intensive summer academic enrichment program for recent high school graduates transitioning to college. The goals of the program are to keep students academically engaged through college-level coursework and to develop skills and strategies for college success. Math, reading and writing courses are offered.
Courses are held 5 days a week, 9am – 1pm, from approximately June 24th – July 19th, on the campus of Drexel University.
- Collaborating with Philadelphia Futures curriculum and academic specialists to develop, plan, and implement instruction designed to support preparation for college-level math
- Reporting daily on student attendance, assignment completion, and progress
- Grading and evaluating student work, including but not limited to submitting weekly and final term reports.
Qualifications for Instructional Positions:
- Three to five years relevant teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated commitment to the education of low-income, first generation to college students and a clear understanding of related challenges
- A teaching style that is structured, positive, and engaging
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- FBI and Child Abuse Clearances if hired
To apply, please visit: https://forms.gle/k4gLB1Jm4swm3Lx27
This is a seasonal part-time, contractor position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.