Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college.
Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, College Access Programs to join our team. This position provides strategic leadership for Philadelphia Futures’ college guidance and academic programs that prepare low-income, first-generation-to-college high school students for admission, matriculation, and success at a college that is the right fit academically, socially and financially.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead the College Access staff of 15 in the delivery of Philadelphia Futures’ direct service programs, College Connection and Sponsor-A-Scholar, as well as the College Admissions and Academics offices.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to meet overall programming needs for college guidance, academic support and enrichment, and career development.
- Implement the high school portions of Philadelphia Futures’ strategic plan, including establishment of our campus model and increasing our direct services by 50%, and collaborate with VP of College Success on collegian strategies.
- Evaluate program success, including the development and analysis of key metrics and data, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the programs’ effectiveness.
- Support staff in the cultivation and maintenance of relationships with students, families, mentors, volunteers and high school and college admissions personnel to ensure that students remain on track to college.
- Collaborate with the VP of Outreach and Engagement on the PF Admissions process.
- Collaborate with the VP of College Success to ensure the continuity of support throughout the student lifecycle and to ensure programming in high school is informed by the experience of our collegians.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with school personnel, community partners, and academic institutions to develop and grow partnership relationships and to help remove barriers to success.
- Identify and analyze trends in college access and college readiness for use in College Access planning.
- Provide content for Philadelphia Futures publications, website, grant proposals, sponsor reports and others.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team for Philadelphia Futures.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
- Master’s degree in education, human services, or related field of study is required.
- Successful track record of managing teams to achieve program goals.
- Minimum of five years of experience in program leadership, cultivating professional relationships and in developing educational programs, teaching, coaching, and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across programs or departments, leveraging knowledge, expertise and interest of various staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders.
- Background in data analysis and program measurement.
- Experience with delivery of services to high school students and/or first generation, low-income students.
- Strong supervisory and employee development skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Highly collaborative and excited to engage with staff and community partners.
- Experience with program scaling.
- Strong background in program evaluation and measurement.
- College admissions knowledge and experience, particularly in supporting first-generation, low-income students.
- Understand the national and local landscape of higher education, college access and success initiatives, as well as educational opportunity CBO’s.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Chat, Gmail, Calendar, Meet), and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Passion for working with first-generation-to-college, low-income students.
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability & Collaboration).
- Active engagement with Philadelphia Futures’ Anti-Racist Commitments.
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.